Job TitleSenior Project Manager
Job Description SummarySenior project manager with experience working within a broader Client program management office with a focus in the industrial sector (light manufacturing and distribution center facilities). Must have ability to act independently in a leading role to plan and manage / govern assignments for a global PMO. The chosen candidate will need to have strong leadership, relationship building, scope and budget development, and communications delivery skills. Some travel will be required. Due to the global nature of the work, the ability to speak multiple languages is desired, but not required.
The account PMO requires the addition of a service driven senior project manager who can act independently on assignments with experience in leading the project process from pre-development through close out specifically for industrial sector projects for facilities ranging in size from 100K square feet to +1M square feet. Experience in leading various other project types is a plus (office, retail, decommissioning, end of lease reinstatements).
This candidate must come from a construction, architecture or MEP engineering background and have relevant experience in planning, managing, executing, budgeting, and reporting on construction projects and their associated planning processes. The ability to bring a team together around cohesive goals is critical. Critical thinking, foresight, and issue resolution abilities are a must, as well as, strength in leading project calls and in person meetings alike with confidence.
Broader responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Working closely with the Global PMO account leadership to support overall functions of the PMO as assigned to ensure success of the projects and the PMO's key performance indicators (KPI's) within the requirements of the Master Services Agreement (MSA).
- Manage and track the Client's property conditions assessments and post-assessment projects program for their 40M square foot industrial portfolio as a key function of the role.
- Liaise with domestic and global business partners across the PMO, Real Estate, and Stakeholder teams for each project. Partner with these personnel to achieve mutual goals and objectives while maintaining quality, service, cost and savings.
- Provide superior client service to internal and external clients.
- Fill supporting role in maintaining organization, development, execution of special programs assigned.
- Provide governance and leadership for project assignments to ensure the project scope, schedule, and budget are being delivered within approved and expected boundaries and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure all project participants understand project goals, assumptions, constraints, and deliverables.
- Prepare project status reports, process purchase orders, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence, reporting, and financials.
- Provide support in the maintenance of the projects portfolio and Tango (project software) platform for financial planning and reporting. Assist in preparing forward looking PMO projects outlook.
- Read and understand documents utilized in creating scope, schedule and budget, including but not limited to: Agreements, leases, work letters, project charters, contracts, surveys, and drawings.
- Assist in the development and management of project business case presentations, funding memos, and relevant supporting data.
- Have full ownership and responsibility to physically manage select projects from inception through completion and closeout. For such assignments,
- Assist with managing all phases of a project including planning, design, construction, FF&E, technology, occupancy, and closeout.
- Source and manage local GC's and or subcontractors, specialty vendors, furniture vendor, architectural, and MEP engineers, etc.
- Prepare project status reports, process contracts, purchase orders, change orders, invoicing, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Regularly report continuous improvement opportunities, issues, constraints, results, and key wins to PMO leadership. Seek leadership assistance for issues and guidance where needed to secure successful resolution.
Mastery of Project Management fundamentals and ability to teach and mentor within a team environment. Communication Proficiency (oral and written) Customer Focused / Relationship Building Leadership Technical Proficiency Consultation Foresight and Issues Resolution
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years relevant project management experience in real estate and commercial construction projects.
- Certification in PMP, PfMP, PPM is preferred.
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques, as well as, and basic understanding of building systems, building construction, interior design, office technology, and environmental factors which impact a project's success.
- Managing projects within a Client's program of projects.
- Experience in organizing and leading projects from inception through planning, executing, and close out.
- Industrial sector experience with supplemental experience in a variety of other project types (office, retail, decommissioning).
- Ability to prepare, track, and report on overall project budgets, MS project schedules, and project financials.
- Experience leading and managing numerous facets of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to understand furniture specifications and drawings, architectural and engineering drawings, and space planning concepts.
- Ability to develop and cultivate business relationships with project team members, internal and external business partners, and project stakeholders.
- Observe and comply with both C&W and Client corporate policies and procedures.
- Willing and able to travel (not extensive).
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Due to the global nature of the role, the selected candidate will need to participate in occasional meetings that occur in the evening to accommodate the time change with overseas stakeholders and project team members.
- Use of the following platforms will be involved extensively in this position:
- MS Office, MS Project, MS Power Point, Adobe, Tango (PMO platform management software).
- Minimum of 10 years directly related experience in an engineering/construction project accountability role with emphasis on industrial sector efforts.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a project management capacity especially experience in leading, motivating, and developing employees.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience managing projects within a Client's Program Management Office or a program of regional / national / global projects.
#LI-RemoteCushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative? Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.