DATA SCIENCES R&D INTERN
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Applications: November- February 2021
Interviews: January - March 2021, on a rolling basis
Offers: Late January - March 2021
Internship: 40 hours/week for 10-13 weeks, typically May - August
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles:Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance.
The Zoetis Incubator Laboratory is an early research and development lab looking for alternatives to antibiotics for livestock diseases. This internship will explore the optimal use of Data Science / Machine Learning algorithms on small to large datasets, with the aim of increasing the knowledge gained from existing experiments. Input data will be compiled from different types of assays and combined to improve the analytical power.
Internship Job Duties:
- Compile and format data from multiple sources within Zoetis.
- Test various machine learning, AI, and statistical algorithms on different data types and experimental assays.
- Review analytic results of each algorithm and determine knowledge gained with each algorithm.
- Provide reusable code for using each algorithm on future datasets.
- Present biological knowledge gained from these results.
Zoetis is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Experience using Data Science / Machine Learning techniques on multiple data types.
- Substantive experience writing DS / ML code in either R or Python.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Biology, or similarly appropriate field. Students with substantial progress made in completion of either degree will be considered.
- Enrolled in a degree program during the Spring term preceding internship
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies and a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & analytical skills
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.