Kalamazoo - Downtown Portage Street
FORMULATION RESEARCH INTERN
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Applications: November- February 2021
Interviews: January - March 2021, on a rolling basis
Offers: Late January - March 2021
Internship: 40 hours/week for 10-13 weeks, typically May - August
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles:Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance.
The formulations intern will have an opportunity to develop sustained formulations based on an understanding of manufacture technique and physical properties. Experience will also be gained with formulation development for Lead Discovery projects. These may expose the intern to topical, oral and injectable formulations. Opportunities exist to develop skills in drug product research, small molecule formulation, drug product manufacturing and analytical chemistry
Internship Job Duties:
- Research and understand basic sustained release formulations and how to influence drug product properties with polymers and physical properties.
- Develop formulations based on physicochemical characteristics.
- Conduct laboratory experiments to develop sustained release and other formulations.
- Document, report, and communicate results.
- Interface with other scientists from a variety of disciplines such as analytical chemistry and pharmacokinetics
Zoetis is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Completed sophomore year of BS in scientific area such as chemistry, chemical engineering or pharmacy
- Experience with lab and coursework in organic chemistry, analytical chemistry or equivalent is required.
- Experience or completed course work in preformulation or formulation development is preferred.
- Enrolled in a degree program during the Spring term preceding internship
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies and a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & analytical skills
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.